 |
| Caden was my wingman taking the missionaries out to dinner. I didn't realize Rick was working so we had to take them out. He was sweet to go with me since he really didn't want to! |
 |
| Our birthday tradition is going to Truluck's because you get an amazing meal plus a free Baked Alaska for dessert. |
 |
| Thank goodness Rick knows math and can help the boys out! |
 |
| Jack hates thunderstorms and we have had several lately. I heard him running around trying to get in the boys' rooms but they had their doors closed. He came in my room and I found him curled up on my pillow, which I then had to wash! |
Rick spent his birthday working on the new nightstands to match the bed he made. I did make him stop by the afternoon and we ran some errands. The primary kids heart attacked his door last week and wanted to sing to him this last Sunday, so Rick wanted to bring them mini cupcakes. They were so cute and were so excited to have him come in and be sung to. He told them a story from his childhood where he had to turn to the Lord for help when he was lost in the woods. I had never heard the story and it was really sweet.
We went and visited his counselor after church since he had a heart procedure done. We sure love the Uphams. They give us such great wisdom and they are some of my favorite people. I subbed in primary for the six-year-old class and will teach them again this week. They were so full of life and sparkle. I love that age. I had five little girls and one boy named Teddy, who had really slicked his hair done for the occasion. It was stiff as a board. I asked him if he did it all by himself and he assured me he did. So cute.
Blake is working consistently two nights a week and he likes having some spending money. Caden is busy with homework and studying for the ACT which he will take the first of April He also decided he wants to go out for the mascot. If he gets it he will be hanging out with 20-45 girls and he will be the only boy since it is considered part of the cheerleading squad. We had to go to a parent meeting and I was sitting there in a room full of cheerleaders and their parents and there I sit with my boy Caden. It was pretty fun. He will wear an Eagle costume so he is hoping he can stay anonymous but I can't imagine how hot that will be. If he does it, he will have to go to all the Varsity football games every Friday night and then the basketball games. It will be his senior year and he will have a lot eaiser class load with three off periods so he should be able to handle it.
Comments