My youngest kiddos turned 17 last week. I am in a bit of a shock. If they were going to be seniors, as they could be, I would be even more in shock. Having them an extra year will be helpful! I got them b-day doughnuts and made cupcakes for Blake and Caden designed his own Baskin Robbins cake. Rick and Caden went shopping (Caden is a bit like his dad in more ways than looks) He got some cute shirts and new sneakers. Rick had to work on their actual bday but he has the next few days off so he plans on taking them to this surf place today or tomorrow. Saturday we gave blood/platelets. Our ward organized a blood drive in honor of Barry in our ward who is battling cancer and he needs platelets. He gets a credit for how many we donated. I did blood only because I had taken an aspirin so I was disqualified from platelets but Rick did both. We both were a little light headed after but not bad. Later we attended Alysia Cain's baptism Her parents were in town for the baptism (not members) and they also came to our blood drive. Super nice people. Her husband, John, has not been active since he was a teen, but after they had Naussis, they wanted a church so he decided to come back. He is a brilliant man with degrees from Harvard. Alysia is the sweetest person. She has been coming to church with him for a year and attends all the meetings. She also has a calling in cub scouts. She was baptized Saturday, by her husband. It was beautiful! And also we have the best missionaries right now. We have had them for several months and they are so dedicated and hardworking. The ones we had before were anything but, and they got pulled out the same day and these two replaced them. Huge difference!
Also during the craziness of movie and new addresses my license was set to expire and it was time for a new picture. Before I could just update online so I have had the same pic for twelve years. It was a bit sad to replace the pic I have had so long. I can just imagine what a shock the next one will be when I go from 45 to 57. Yikes! We found out yesterday that the owners of the house will close on the 28th and we will close on the 29th since Rick works the 28th. So we have a month to continue to recover from the last move before we do it all again! The boys start school the 17th so they will get out of doing too much since they will be gone all day!







Comments