46!

Well I turned 46 Wednesday.  All in all it is going well.  Tuesday, Rick took me to lunch and we thought we would be brave and try a new restaurant in Austin.  It had received good reviews but unfortunately they were erroneous.  We still had fun though.  He got me a new bookcase for my birthday but I will not get it until we move into the new house.  The last house we had added built in bookcases both downstairs and upstairs and I have a lot of books.  Hopefully this one will hold most of them.

 Wednesday, Rick was working so Ginger took me to lunch and pedicures.  This has been our bday tradition for years.  We had fun catching up.  Then Thursday, I wanted to go to the temple and invited Paul and Ginger to go with us.  They did and so we had another fun day of lunch and attending the temple.  There was quite a buzz in the temple about our stake patriarch.  He is in our ward and his wife died in December and is 82.  He is in great shape and health.  He is probably 6"3 and thin.  He kayaks all the time and seems younger than he is.  Anyway a lady in our ward lost her husband recently.  She was 52 and he was in his upper 70's.  Well Suzanne was struggling with his death and so Rick asked Brother Johnson to talk with her and also give her some of the books he had read that helped him with the loss.  She went away for a month and she kept praying for what she should do next and the thought was go see Brother Johnson.  As she prayed more she felt strong that they should be together and so she told him.  He about died and said no that she was confusing her grief and how he had helped her.  So she kept feeling really strongly about it and she told him again that she felt  they were meant to be together.  He said no, but she asked him if he had prayed about it and he had not because she is 30 years younger!  His children are older than she is!  He prayed about it and it was confirmed to him.  So Rick gets a call a few weeks ago on the boys' bday because he was taking Caden out just him and Rick.  They hadn't been gone but a few minutes and they came back.  Rick said he received an urgent Bishop call and I couldn't know about it.  So I didn't know until a couple days when Brother Johnson told his family and told Rick it was no longer a secret.  When we went to the temple yesterday, there they were.  I gave them big hugs and I asked him how the family was taking it. (His 56 year old daughter is in our ward )  He said we have received mixed receptions.  I asked how did Jeannette take it.  He said she is the mixed!  I can imagine.  We will see how it all goes but on Sunday they both bore their testimonies and I had a thought "what if they get together?"  and so I told Suzanne that and she said a lot of people have said that same thing.  Brother Johnson is so beloved maybe Heavenly Father was trying to prepare us for the news! The temple worker ladies were devastated apparently since several had set their caps for him but were giving him more time before they swarmed.  (Ginger's mom works at the temple and she said it was all that could be talked about in the snack room) 

Today Rick and I took the boys to the outlet malls for back to school shopping.  It was also tax free shopping so it was an absolute mess but they both got what they needed and we are ready to start next Thursday.  Tonight we are heading up to Belton to help Brendee and Dallas move in. They are moving into my old ward and what is Gingers ward still.  Hopefully people will show up tonight to help with the unloading.  It will be a big adjustment for them to move so far away from all their family, but she said she was getting excited about it.  The ward they are moving into has a lot of residents like Rick was and so it changes a lot every 3-5 years. 

Comments

Popular Posts