Two Very Different Vacations












Rick took the first week of June off to take the boys to scout camp, but then scout camp was postponed so he decided to take the kids to Florida.  Lexi thought that sounded like fun and since she is working for friends of ours, they told her to go and have fun!  They took off early Tuesday morning and made their way to Louisiana. They guys like to watch this gun show on TV and the gun store where it is filmed is in Louisiana. They stopped by but they didn't open for a couple more hours.  They thought they would hit it on the way back.  They went to New Orleans and went to a World War II museum and saw the French Quarter and ate at the famous Cafe Du Monde.  They then made their way to Florida where they stayed for a couple days of beach fun.  Blake is not a fan of heigts so the pair a sailing was not his favorite.  I stayed home because I had school and some presidency visits to make.  I took the opportunity to clean and organize my boys rooms and hang out room.  I loved how I could go back the next day and everything was still clean.  They came rolling back in and my house is lived in once again, but truthfully I wouldn't want it any other way.  So glad they started their summer off with fun. Caden has basketball camp this week and then they will go the coast and go kayaking with the adventure scouts the week after.  I LOVE SUMMER!

Comments

Dennis said…
I've been wondering how their trip went. Man, it sounds like a lot of fun! I'm with Blake-I hate heights:)Glad Lex got to go too!!
Bozie said…
sorry, didn't realize I was signed in under dennis' email:) btw, I love the picture of you-so beautiful!!
Bozie said…
sorry, didn't realize I was signed in under dennis' email:) btw, I love the picture of you-so beautiful!!
Be Thou Humble said…
I always think I want to go on trips but I'm probably just as much of a homebody as I tease my hubby for being! The kids look like they had a great time though and they will have some wonderful memories!

Popular Posts