Father's Day
I have been blessed in my life to be raised by a wonderful father who was good and kind. Some of my favorite memories growing up: working in the garden with my dad, having him come over every morning before school to say prayers with us, not eating a doughnut because he thought we might want one, serving in his callings even though that made his Sunday's very long, playing volleyball and throwing the softball to me, letting me get a horse, which I know he really didn't want but he knew how much I wanted one, father daughter councils in the barn, Book of Mormon reading challenges and he always let me win, gospel discussions, trying to show him how much we loved him by doing chores once in a while, getting caught sneaking out to do chores, and most of all loving my mom and his kids.
I have said that my dad set the bar high for us girls to find someone equally as good. I am so grateful for Ricker and I always tell my kids they owe me big time, because I picked out a great dad for them. He is everything I ever wanted and more. He sometimes looks at me like I am the most beautiful person in the world. I cannot explain the look, but it makes me swoon and feel so loved. My kids have no doubt that there dad loves their mom and I have heard that is one of the best gifts a dad can give their kids. He is patient and long suffering. He tries to spend time with the kids and let them know that they are so important to him. He has so many talents that I cannot even begin. One of his nurses summed it up, "When I look at the schedule and I see that Dr. Daniels is working, I know that all will be ok." I feel the same way about him and his role in our home. All will be ok. I love him!!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO TWO OF MY MOST FAVORITE MEN IN THE WORLD!!!
PS. Blake saw these younger pictures of my dad and he said, "Who is that, he looks like me!" He sure does! Hopefully Blake inherited more than just his Grandpa's looks!
Morgan sent this card for Rick and I thought it was perfect. It represents them well. "You are a wonderful example to me of hard work, sacrifice, and patient perseverance. You've taught me to do things the right way the first time and to not worry so much about what people think. [see I was listening] I know that I was stubborn about taking advice and probably still am to some degree, but I know that you would never lead me wrong and the advice always came out of love, plus you were right a good majority of the time even if I was too stubborn to admit it.!"
I just love so much about this card, the school chairs, the one being a little bigger than the other, the simpleness of it. Dads are such great teachers both in word and in example, their kids look up to them so much and what a responsibly that is. Also dads don't let a lot of fluff in the way. They are clear and direct and love simply.








Comments