We had stake conference today and last night. I really love my new stake presidency and they are such powerful speakers. They are very worried about the youth and talked a lot about preparing them to serve missions. One of the points was teach them to work. I have not been very good at this with any of my kids. My girls were responsible for their laundry and rooms but I pretty much took care of the other housework except in summers where they had daily responsibilities. The other items I was doing pretty good on. Caden, I know is ahead of most kids his age as far as reading the book of mormon. He is almost done with his fourth time and he has read the New Testament, D & C and Pearl of Great Price. He also prays on his own faithfully. He has set these goals for himself and I cannot take credit for it. My girls were also very good at scripture reading. Lexi was saying how she was shocked that several girls in our ward and boys have not read the book of Mormon. Blake was challenged today to make this a habit in his life and also daily personal prayer. Blake has the most struggles of my kids and I told him that if he made this a daily part of his life, the Lord would bless him. I know that his anxiety and his struggles in school would be less if he would be obedient in this. I will just need to be the reminder until he gets a testimony of it on his own. I went to a fireside/book signing on a book about J. Golden Kimball tonight. The author is a son of a member of our ward. It was enjoyable and interesting but what made my night was this... as we were sitting around they asked if everyone knew everyone and a Sister said, if any of you have not met the Daniels' daughter, make sure you do. She came to my home last week with the young women and you can just feel the spirit when you are around her. She is an amazing young women! She told us that we raised her right. Of course, I told my mom and after she teared up she said, yep she is just liker her grandma!!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
We had stake conference today and last night. I really love my new stake presidency and they are such powerful speakers. They are very worried about the youth and talked a lot about preparing them to serve missions. One of the points was teach them to work. I have not been very good at this with any of my kids. My girls were responsible for their laundry and rooms but I pretty much took care of the other housework except in summers where they had daily responsibilities. The other items I was doing pretty good on. Caden, I know is ahead of most kids his age as far as reading the book of mormon. He is almost done with his fourth time and he has read the New Testament, D & C and Pearl of Great Price. He also prays on his own faithfully. He has set these goals for himself and I cannot take credit for it. My girls were also very good at scripture reading. Lexi was saying how she was shocked that several girls in our ward and boys have not read the book of Mormon. Blake was challenged today to make this a habit in his life and also daily personal prayer. Blake has the most struggles of my kids and I told him that if he made this a daily part of his life, the Lord would bless him. I know that his anxiety and his struggles in school would be less if he would be obedient in this. I will just need to be the reminder until he gets a testimony of it on his own. I went to a fireside/book signing on a book about J. Golden Kimball tonight. The author is a son of a member of our ward. It was enjoyable and interesting but what made my night was this... as we were sitting around they asked if everyone knew everyone and a Sister said, if any of you have not met the Daniels' daughter, make sure you do. She came to my home last week with the young women and you can just feel the spirit when you are around her. She is an amazing young women! She told us that we raised her right. Of course, I told my mom and after she teared up she said, yep she is just liker her grandma!!
Popular Posts
Birthday Celebration 55!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps





Comments