Church = Service
If anyone knows me well, they will know that I am not a very confident person. I really don't like doing anything in front of people. I am very content to serve if I can be behind the scenes. Seminary has been a perfect calling for me because I feel safe and comfortable in my calling and the kids I have are such wonderful individuals. I have had callings that have pushed me way past my comfort zone and had me do things I would never have done otherwise.
This week I have been asked to put on a workshop at girls camp and I know that as the time gets closer I will start to stress, lose sleep, etc. This summer we are having Brad Wilcox from Utah? come and speak at girls camp, then he will address the relief society from our stake. I guess I will be helping get him around, coordinate a luncheon, decorations, and child care for this event. YIKES. That sounds like a lot of phone calls and delegating to me, two of my very least favorite things. But I love that I belong to a church that helps me grow and tries to help me turn my weaknesses into less of a weakness. So I will embrace these upcoming opportunities to serve!


Comments
our church callings and assignments really do help us grow, don't they. i know i am way more outgoing than i would be if i wasn't a member (i probably wouldn't have left my house).