Ginger and I in attempt to turn back the clock on our aging bodies, have decided to kill ourselves instead. We started doing a program called crossfit and I have never been so sore in my life. Last Thursday was our first day and it took us until the following Tuesday to recover. This week we did it on Tuesday, Wednesday and today. You just do three consecutive days and then have days to recover. I totally love it and it makes me push myself like I never have before. I believe they say what doesn't kill us makes us stronger and I am still alive!!!
Received our seminary materials and I cannot believe we will be teaching in three short weeks. I am way excited for this year because it is the Book of Mormon. I invited Lexi's friend Zach to come. He is considering it. The problem is cross country is in the morning and he runs that. I told him it would be a great way to learn about the church and he could do it for his entire 4 years of high school!! I am sure he was thrilled, but if you want to hang out with my kiddo, there are sacrifices to be made!!
We are having a beautiful Texas rain storm. I have missed those. We haven't had rain for so long and all our creeks are dried up. It is such a beautiful sound. Rick took the boys to the movies last night while I took the girls to YW. He def took one for the team because it was that crazy hamster movie. The boys liked it and they had fun. He wanted to take them golfing, but Blake didn't want to do that yet. Anyway off for my haircut so I can stop looking like a muffin top.

Comments

Chrissy said…
You're so funny Elena. Youre hair always looks great anyway. I love the pic of the "poor mans plastic surgery". Ive been gearing up to start my exercise routine as well. I'll be happy if I can just jog a few times a week. Anywho- your blog is great. I need to be better about writing mine. take care.

Popular Posts