ROLLERCOASTER RIDE PARENTING 101

I know I was just sharing how I was seeing progress with Blake and felt a little lighter in the spirit department lately. Well that all came crashing down today. His teacher said she needed to meet with me tomorrow. I know that a few of his grades lately haven't been good. I thought working on the reading would help in all areas, but telling time, math facts, spelling, so many things he needs help on and I just don't know what to concentrate on or how to best help. I am very discouraged today. My biggest worry is his self esteem and I know that low self esteem directly affects your spirituality and choices you make. I just want him to love himself and fulfill his mission that Heavenly Father wants him to fulfill. Anyway I am sad today, but tomorrow is a new day and hopefully I will be on the upside of the ride. I will take any and all prayers for I truly have faith that prayer is a very powerful tool.

Comments

Lisa said…
What is this...bad news day? WE just found out that our oldest is not pregnant. She had 4 embryos planted about 2 weeks ago. My son Chad got in school suspension for a stupid reason. A kid jumped Ross on the bus. I had to home school my kids for just one semester. Ross, in the middle of his 5th grade year, and when they tested him to when he returned back to school, he tested at an 8th grade level. Chad was the same way. I was never a big fan of home school, until then. Both of mine are back in public school, but if they would let me, I would home school, here on out now. Talk about decreased of major stress!
My heart goes out to you and Blake. It is so hard to struggle in school, I hated it!! I wish my mom had been as involved as you are, I might have done better. You will be in our prayers. Love ya!!
Daniels Six said…
Thanks for your comments. As with everything when the sun comes up everything seems better. Apparently my meeting today is about a meltdown he had yesterday. I do know that when I work with him he definetly has a hard time focusing. I have been so oppossed to medical intervention but maybe we need to look into it. A friend at church was going through the same thing and recently started her son on some medicine and it has made a huge difference.

Popular Posts