Cowgirl UP!!



Lexi is the proud...PROUD owner of a horse. She has been saving and we told her she needed to pay half and we would get the remainder for her birthday. She still has quite a bit in her savings to help with feed, brushes, all the start up. She has been spending all her spare time with her dad over fencing in an area for the horse to stay. They have so much fun. Rick says she is a great worker. She dons her cute jeans, cowboy boots, her little bun with polka dot ribbons and heads out. Yesterday the kids were off for Columbus Day so I made three appointments to look at four horses. The first one I had a horrible feeling about and thought in my head that she was not going to be able to have a horse. I just felt dread the whole drive to the next farm. These places were all located in the country so we did have a pretty drive getting from one to the other. We came to place number two and she had several horses but the two we were looking at was a black Tennessee Walking Horse gelding and a quarter horse mare. The mare was beautiful but a little too much for Lexi. Lexi got on Sundance (the black) and fell in love. We call Lexi our little cherub and she did that imagery justice as she beamed atop that horse. We are used to quarter horses who are fat and beefy. This horse is angular and tall. Not a head turner, but the kindest eyes and temperment. He also just needs a slight nudge and he is off and so smooth. I hopped on and all my memories of riding as a teenager came back. I remember riding off all by myself and the peace and joy you feel as your ride in nature and have time to mediate your life. My horse was not near as smooth or as gentle as this one!! So fun. We didn't even go see the next farm. We had found Lexi's horse. She slept so good last night that she almost didn't get up for school. Possibly good dreams!! I meant to document the experience with film and had my camera ready to go on the counter and that is just where I left it. He will be delivered next week and as soon as I get some photos of Lexi and Sundance (name subject to change) I will post them. I told Lex that we will have to get one more when we have the bigger area fenced so we can ride together. We will see how much work one if before we take that step.

Comments

Popular Posts