Back to Young Women's

 The last time I was in Young Women's was in 2021 so it has been a couple years! The presidency is made up of girls that I could be the mom of.  I am definitely the old one of the group.  I told them I hope my association with them will make me seem as young and beautiful.  I went to class today and I will be an advisor to the older girls and will be working with Casey Merrell.  I really have liked her comments she has made in Sunday School class.  I never feel like I am a great fit for Young Women but the Lord keeps putting me back in there so either I have something to add, or I still need lessons to learn.  I was told by the bishopric counselor that they have been trying to get me in there for a while but they really liked me in the missionary program and how helpful I have been to the sisters.  Casey told me that today as well that they had to fight to get me in there.  So I am not sure why they feel that I should be in there, but I will strive to connect with these girls and hopefully add my testimony of Jesus Christ to theirs.  

I always feel inadequate in any calling I get but as I read the intro to this week's Come Follow Me I felt peace, "What could have inspired Peter to leave the safety of his boat in the middle of the Sea of Galilee during a boisterous storm?  What led him to believe that if Jesus could walk on water, he could too?  We can't know for certain, but perhaps Peter understood that the Son of God came not just to do wonderful things for the people but to empower people like Peter to do wonderful things too.  Jesus' invitation, after all, was "Come follow me" Peter had accepted this invitation once, and he was willing to accept it again, even if it meant facing his fears and doing something that seemed impossible.  Perhaps the Lord will not ask us to step out of a boat in the middle of a storm or contribute our meager supply of bread when thousands need to eat, but He may ask us  to accept directions even when we don't fully understand them.  Whatever his invitations to us may be, they may sometimes be surprising or even frightening .  But miracles can happen if we, like Peter will set aside our fears, our doubts and our limited understanding and follow Him in faith."    So I really felt that speak to me and once again remind myself that with His help I can do all things even the things that are way outside my comfort zone.  

I am a bit sad to not be a ward missionary but I know the sisters will still call on me to help teach when I am available and that has been such a gift.  To feel the spirit come into these homes that I have been privileged to go into has been such a reminder to me of how truly blessed I am to have the knowledge of the plan of happiness which Jesus Christ is central to.  

Comments

bethouhumble said…
They just called about six graduating seniors to be ward missionaries in our ward. I bet they will miss having someone willing to help them. I’m sure you are better than you think with the young women. You will add greatly! I’m almost coming up on a year in my calling and I wonder if I’ll stay….I seem to be changed yearly!!

Popular Posts