Conference Weekend!!
What a great weekend! Woke up and made cookies and sent Lexi to the store to get stuff for gourmet hamburgers. We watched the morning session and then the missionaries came over for lunch. We had hamburgers with mushrooms, onions, cheese, the works. They were delish! We have great missionaries, one is a Tongan from California (the girls in our ward swoon and he plays the piano beautifully) and then a sweet boy from Idaho. He is one of the 18 year olds. They were so fun to have in our home. We then bid them farewell and watched the 2nd session (they needed to watch it at church). While my boys all went to priesthood, I took some of the cookies to a new family that had moved in on Friday. Triplet 8 year olds, a 6 year old and a 6 month old. WOW! Very sweet family. I invited them to come watch conference at our house and have lunch but they were already invited by another family in the ward. So great! I then called up Wilma (recently widowed) and invited her. She is a hoot and I thoroughly enjoy her. I made the chicken chile from Aunt Chantel and she loved it. She brought pumpkin bread and it was the best. I seriously ate half the loaf. She watched conference with us and then I got a call from a sister I have been working with. She was very sick and the medicine the doctor gave her wasn't working. She was miserable. So Dr. Rick went with me and made a house call. She was pretty sick, with severe chills and fever. She didn't have pneumonia which is what she was getting worried about. Rick took care of her and I will go back tomorrow with soup and a care package. I also notified her visiting teacher to check in on her. It is such a blessing to be part of this church where we can help one another. She had mentioned that her visiting teacher worries about her and I thought that is a nice thing to know, that you are being thought of and worried about.


Comments