Yesterday I went on the youth temple trip with our new ward and it was so much fun.  I am so glad I went and spent some time with the girls, since I was filling in teaching today.  I at least got to know them a little.  The ladies that went were so easy going  and it was just an enjoyable day.  I rode down with the YW president and her counselor.  They are just good, fun women and the girls adore them.  I then rode with the Bishop's wife on the way back and got to know her and a different batch of girls.  When we were leaving Bro Martin who was going with the boys said that our appointment was at 1:00 but we wouldn't caravan because that tends to lead to accidents.  Well my group and the bishops wife followed each other because my group took the scenic route and she wasn't sure how to get there.  Sure enough we came to a quick stop and she ran right smack into us.  We were blessed because we didn't get a scratch on the car and she only had a little dent.   We continued on and the only other mishap was leaving three boys at Chuy's restaurant.  Thank goodness for cell phones so that we could go back for the poor kids.  Pulled up to the three sitting on the curb-- forlorn!  Met with the bishop today and they read in our records so we are officially part of the Seranada Ward.  I also found out that my neighborhood is little Utah.  There are so many members within walking distance from me!

Comments

Bozie said…
glad you're enjoying your new ward and getting involved right from the start! that always helps to feel a part of the group.

Popular Posts